1. Consider another venue. Yes, the first step to picking up on the street is asking yourself why you want to pick up on the street. It’s the hardest venue, hands down, meaning every other day venue you can imagine is easier. Is there a mall or retail shop nearby? Coffee shop? Grocery store? Hell, even a Walmart will be easier. Street game will be the first venue you want to try, though it really should be the last because of its difficulty level. The only time it’s “easy” is when you’re in a foreign country and can act like a confused tourist.
2. Research a good spot. For most cities, the best time to do day approaches are Saturday afternoons. In college towns it’s the opposite where weekday afternoons are superior. Use your eyes to determine when you usually see lone women walking around. Pick a street or park that has at least one cute woman walking by every five minutes or so. You don’t want dense squares that are jam packed with people, because the force of the crowd will make a conversation uncomfortable for her. Once you find a good spot, camp out in a discreet area and wait for an attractive women to walk by. This method is far easier than walking around aimlessly in the hopes of finding women. Find a good spot in your city and master it.
3. When a cute girl walks by, follow her until she hits a Don’t Walk signal. This may take a few blocks of stalking. The logic behind this method, especially for you day game newbs, is to talk to girls who are already stopped because it has a higher chance of leading to conversation than trying to stop them while in movement. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to stop girls, but it will be harder, especially if she’s walking fast. If you’re smart, you’ll choose to spit “lazy street game” by finding a bench next to a sidewalk. In that case just open her as she walks by while you’re seated enjoying a Big Gulp. This is my preferred method for both the street and mall.
4. Ask her where you can find a pet shop. I’ve tried a couple dozen of street openers and this one is the best. It’s weird, different, and takes some brainpower to answer, forcing the girl to snap out of whatever she’s thinking about to digest your question. Most often the girl will say “No, sorry.” This is when you step up to the plate and unleash mountains of ramble.
5. Ramble until you can ramble no more. Tell her how hard it is to find a pet shop. Give her a reason why you’re looking for one (to buy some fish, a cat, or a dog). Give a reason why you asked her instead of someone else (“you look like an animal person”). For two tough minutes, you will be talking about nothing but pets and pet stores, making it up as you go along, warming up the girl in the process for a more personal chat. Pet ramble is necessary to get her into a social mood where she is more likely to show interest in what comes next.
6. Drop big bait. Your first big bait will be, “When I was in blah, it was easy to find pet shops. But here it’s very difficult.” If she doesn’t mind that statement, give off another sentence or two about the place you were in and how it’s different. Make general comparisons between cities and use what she gives you to continue the conversation. If you’re a foreigner, mention how you “just moved” to the city and are trying to “learn the local culture.”
7. If you stall, hit her with the “don’t seem like” line. I guarantee you will stall because on the street girls don’t give you much to work with. If you hit a speed bump after two minutes of pet shop conversation and after dropping your first piece of big bait, say, “By the way, you don’t seem like you’re from here.” Now you can “guess” where she’s from based on something she’s wearing, her accent, or the style of her hair. Does she ask you where your from, or at least show some interest? Great, then go from there. But after all this if she doesn’t help you with the conversation, then she’ll probably end it soon.
8. Get her number. If you successfully got out of pet shop talk, she’s standing there with a half-smile on her face, and she asked you a personal question, you’re in the clear to get her number. Exchange information like age and name, ask her where she usually hangs out, then suggest a drink meetup. While you can get a street number after only five minutes, you want to push towards at least 10 minutes if you want a date out of it. This means approaching girls who are at least walking slow and in no rush to get anywhere. If she’s really into you, tell her you were about to grab a smoothie and if she wants to join you.
I don’t bother with street game unless I’m in a foreign country, where it’s ten times easier to pick up due to my shockingly confused foreigner status, but it’s possible your home city may not have many day options besides street game. In that case, do chunks of at least five street approaches at a time. The difficulty of this approach means you will definitely need a one or two approach warm-up until the ramble starts flowing. No man is born with the ability to ramble about pets and pet stores. If I don’t do a pet store opener in a couple weeks, my ramble on the first approach is horrid even though I’ve done this a million times.
The joy of this opener comes after you fuck a girl when she asks you, “So, were you really looking for a pet store?” Once I even had a girl say, “My mom doesn’t think you were really shopping for a kitten.” The fact that she will tell everyone about your unique pet store approach keeps you on her mind and increases the chances she will go out with you on a first date. Your approach can actually be a great conversation topic on the date since you can “update” her on your pet search status.
The above street game article was 1,100 words. My day game book, Day Bang, is 75,000 words, with 18 pages alone on street approaching with an additional 183 pages that teach you how to approach, ramble, drop big bait, and close. If you want to learn how to effectively pick up women during the day, click here to learn more about my book.