I’m throwing a happy hour on Saturday, January 12, 2019 in Washington, D.C. from 8 to 11pm. I will be wearing the official shirt of toxic masculinity, the bumblebee rugby, which I bought from H&M. You are encouraged to wear a bumblebee rugby or an equally toxic rugby shirt.
The meetup begins at 8pm at a Starbucks location that will be shared on my Twitter at 7pm on the day of the event (January 12, 2019). Between 8-8:30, I will personally tell you the location of a bar that we will move to at 8:30. You must arrive at the Starbucks by 8:30 to receive details of the bar venue since it will not be shared online. If you arrive at the Starbucks at 8:31, and don’t see me, you will miss the rest of the happy hour.
Both the Starbucks location and bar will be within walking distance of the Metro Center subway station. If there are unexpected happenings, I will share it on Twitter.
By attending the happy hour, you agree to the following…
Happy Hour Code Of Conduct
1. You attend this happy hour at your own risk. Be aware of your surroundings at all times and only take risks you’re comfortable with. This is currently a Defcock Green event. I will send out an update if the Defcock level changes. Here are the event classifications:
Defcock Green: Protesters or disruptions are not expected.
Defcock Yellow: Moderate media attention but no online organizing spotted. Stay alert at the beginning of the meetup.
Defcock Red: Heavy media coverage. Protesters have been organizing online to shut down the event. Likely police presence. Wear sunglasses to guard against doxing attempts from women with Krusty The Clown hair.
2. Do not bring any legal or illegal weapons, items that could be used as a weapon, or riot gear. This includes (but is not limited to) guns, knives, brass knuckles, shields, helmets, pepper sprays, batons, sharp pens, flashlights, and grenades. If you are assaulted, immediately withdraw to safety and contact the police. If you bring a weapon or use physical violence, you will be asked to leave. Your only “weapon” should be the camera on your phone.
3. This is not a “white nationalist” or “alt right” gathering. People of all races and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to attend. You will be asked to leave if you bring Nazi paraphernalia, perform Nazi salutes, or engage in any other “false flag” behavior that is meant to make the group look bad.
4. To identify another attendee, use the code phrase: “Do you know where I can find a pet shop?” If you are asked this question, answer exuberantly in the affirmative.
5. Do not take pictures or video of any other attendee without their consent.
6. Do not discuss illegal activities or other criminal acts as if you were a FBI informant. Illegality of any sort will not be tolerated. All attendees must comply with D.C. and Federal laws.
7. Journalists are not allowed to attend, and will be asked to leave if identified.
If you cannot follow the above code of conduct, you are not allowed to attend the happy hour. This event is meant to be a peaceful affair for those who follow me and want to have a friendly conversation about my work, women, or the state of the world. I look forward to seeing you on January 12.
Read Next: How The FBI Infiltrates Movements