When a guy first starts studying game, he’s essentially a Xerox machine, mindlessly copying moves and lines without having a clear understanding of their utility. Within a short amount of time, as he gets comfortable with not only the how but the why of game, his personality, experience, and tastes start to mold those initial teachings into his own game style.
In my game books (Bang & Day Bang), I have the average reader in mind. I want the game there to be generic enough that most men will be comfortable using it, but at the same time it should be effective. I’ve omitted a lot of things I do that would not help the average reader, but some of you are curious as to how I currently operate. In this post I want to share my night game formula to help guys who are trying to find their own style.
For a few months in my youth I became addicted to Counterstrike, a game where your team has to kill everyone on the other team. The weaponry you choose should depend on how best to get your opponent in the chosen battlefield. A machine gun or pistol is best for close combat while a rifle allows you to camp behind an object and snipe from afar. Other players hated sniping so much that many matches had a “no sniping” rule. They didn’t think it was fair to be attacked by someone who had superior reconnaissance or tactical skill.
Today I run sniper game, where I process a lot of information in a particular venue to land an easy kill before I run out of ammunition (energy). My goal is to do no more than 3 or 4 approaches before landing a solid prospect. Here’s what I do…
1. Careful venue selection. This isn’t just picking a bar versus a club, but the right type of bar or club. If you think back to where you’ve pulled the most girls, that venue has a lot of qualities which, for whatever reason, helped your success. This can range from the loudness of music, lighting, dance floor size, crowd personality, and bar layout. I find that venue selection is more important than the ratio of males to females. I can more easily pick up in a sausage fest of my favorite venue than a poor logistical venue that has a better ratio of girls.
2. Careful spot selection. Once you find your favorite type of venue, the next step is to find the best spot within that venue. If you like dancing approaches, your spot may be somewhere on the dance floor. If you like talking approaches, it will be near the bar, but where near the bar? There are always a couple spots that people seem to congregate around. Maybe it’s a choke point or where the bartender gives more attention to customers. It’s the spot where if you freeze into a statue all night, you’ll have at least five golden opportunities. When I go to a new venue, I give a new spot about one hour to prove itself to me.
3. Reconnaissance of the females. After settling into my spot, I observe the women. On any given night, there will be two or three that I really want, and maybe five others that I’d bang. All are fair game for an approach, as I won’t pass on a bangable girl for a shot at a “dream” girl. I carefully study each girl. How many people is she with? Is she drinking? Does she seem more interested in dancing or talking? Is she looking around the room? Does she have a ring on her finger? How is she responding to guys who approach her? Is she moving in a sexual way that suggests she wants male attention? Is she more engaged with her friend(s) than the crowd? Is she making eye contact with me? From this study I guess which girl or two would be most open to having sex with me on that night. I keep a stalker eye on them (using my peripheral vision, of course).
4. Wait for opportunities with good candidates. While alone, I wait in my spot for the handful of girls I’ve identified as good prospects to come within reach. I tap her on the shoulder and say my line. I do not engage her friend or group. I can interact with her friend a bit later, but in the beginning I want to see if she is willing to have a 1-on-1 conversation. If not, then either she doesn’t like me, has a boyfriend, or wants to spend time with her friend. Depending on the venue, it may take some time for these approaches to go down.
In the past I’d spray my machine gun all over the place, approaching any reasonable chick, but my close ratio was quite low because I wasn’t evaluating the prospects beforehand. By carefully picking targets and approaching them casually in my sphere, I work less but get more.
Now there is nothing wrong with walking up to the girl you want to approach when she is standing at the other side of the bar, but my success rate is far higher if I wait for her to come to my house. In America, where guys approach like mad, you do not have this privilege and will have to be more proactive, but in Eastern Europe I can wait a while for a girl I’ve noticed to come to me, safe in the knowledge that not only will other guys not approach her, but if they do their game will be amateur hour. On the nights where my spot is not magnetically drawing the girls I want, I slither to her area like a snake to do the approach, but only after my spot has failed to show results. I do not overvalue any one girl in the club—whichever girl comes to my house first will get the goods. In effect, I reward those who either consciously or unconsciously want to stand near me.
5. Screen your candidate. I establish a fun conversation and then grind her through my fuck funnel to see what exactly she wants (i.e. if she’s DTF). Within 30 minutes I’ll have a good idea if she wants to make friends, kiss, go out on a date, or fuck. If I guess we don’t want the same thing, I wind down the conversation and excuse myself. If we do want the same thing, then game on.
6. Run standard game. My favorite type of venue in Eastern Europe is the small club that almost feels like a bar. I find dancing to be important with Eastern European women so I cycle through dancing and talking throughout the night. Sort of like how you may take a girl to two different venues on a date, each cycle of dance and chat distorts how long she feels that she knows me. Within 60-90 minutes, I will go for the kiss on the dance floor assuming everything is running smoothly. After another hour or two, I will try for the venue change to another bar or my apartment. The only two variables in this entire process is if there are girls hot enough that motivate me to snipe and if they are feeling my vibe.
Here are things I DON’T do…
I never sit down. Sitting down is like putting on a pair of handcuffs. Not only does it make you lazy and tired, it limits your range of motion when a girl comes within your sphere.
I do not engage in group chats. I will be friendly for 30-60 seconds with her friend, but I will not start a side conversation by asking that friend personal questions. Girls who insist on you getting to know her friends are not serious about getting to know you. This is common with young girls.
I do not do dance approaches. I find that dancing is a poor way to screen out girls. I can dance for 30 minutes but at the end of that not know how she is like and what her intentions are. I need to communicate with words to establish if the prospect is solid enough. I want the bang, not a number.
I do not talk to male patrons or ugly girls to warm up. I only talk to the bartender and girls I’m attracted to. My warm-up occurs before I enter the club when I watch an episode of Seinfeld. Making random friends with guys is a great way to get your ass cockblocked later on, especially if the guy doesn’t know how to approach as well as you do.
I do not run around the venue approaching every girl in sight. Other girls will see this and be reluctant to indulge in your approach later on. The only exception is when last call has arrived, I have no solid prospects, and the club is dying out. Then I approach at will any girl within sight, running around like a monkey to do so (monkey game?).
Sniper game is for guys who don’t like to dance much, prefer to talk, have generally low amounts of nightlife energy, and prefer to roll solo. It’s something I’ve gradually settled into over the years because it suits my personality best. With enough years in the game, your style will evolve to the point where you can actually name it. Until then, you still have some time until you optimize it enough to reach your true night game potential.
Read Next: World Game