Reenact an amusing or awkward conversation using the site Xtranormal.com and win a glorious prize! Once you’ve created the video, email the link to [email protected] with the word “Contest” somewhere in the subject line (it’s not necessary to port it to YouTube). The winner will be chosen by the peanut gallery.
1. Video must be shorter than 3 minutes and 30 seconds. I want to see impact, not boring drivel.
2. It must be based on a real life situation. I have an advanced bullshit detector so don’t try to trick me.
3. It must be received by noon Wednesday, September 15th.
1. Use the basic characters of each environment so you don’t have to pay anything.
2. Use pause insertions to create a realistic dialogue.
3. Click the Magic Camera button so you don’t have to manually set the camera for each verbal exchange.
4. If you don’t have any ideas, go out with a couple ballsy openers and see
which bar you get kicked out of where it takes you. Write down the dialogue afterwards (or punch it in your phone) so you don’t forget the good parts.
I will judge videos based on humor, social awareness, humor, likelihood of authenticity, and humor. It’s okay to be rejected in your video, as that will score high on the humor and authenticity scales. The site also allows foreign languages, so if you want to do an international reenactment in Spanish or Portuguese, I will be happy to review it. In fact, if I get enough foreign reenactments, I’ll create a runner-up prize.
The winner will receive… hold on to your seat… a paperback copy of my book A Dead In Paraguay!!!
I’ll narrow the entries down to a handful and then open the floor for viewer feedback. Your video should be a Roosh-pleaser first, and then a crowd-pleaser second.
Let’s go over two well-done reenactments. The first is from Roissy.
This video is very realistic, since Roissy wears blazers in real life (if I’m not mistaken he also has a t-shirt with a fish on it). The masculine woman depicted in the video is how the average D.C. lawyer acts. I felt like I was watching real life.
Our next video is from forum member klasik, who recently asked if he should raw dog his MILF girlfriend. He’s in the hat…
I don’t think I’ve heard the term “chubby chaser” before, but I like it.
If you’re an anti-social creep who doesn’t interact with human beings, I’ll accept a soliloquy (I actually spelled that correctly on my first attempt). The following video is titled “Black men do well almost anywhere.” It’s adapted from a recent blog comment.
I leave you with one final tip: the best videos involve some degree of pain or awkwardness. If you have any questions, post it in the comments so everyone can see the answer. Good luck.